Do the bold flavors of Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread rip your wallet? No need to worry about your pocket taking a hit with endless cravings. You can try a budget-friendly cornbread at home. My recipe is economical and reliable and won’t cost you a fortune.
You will need Jiffy’s corn muffin mix, pickled jalapenos, milk, cheese, eggs, butter, and honey to make Jiffy Jalapeno cornbread. The bread is extra nutritious and mouth-watering. Stay here and learn with me.
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh or pickled jalapeños, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey (optional, for a touch of sweetness)
Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe Instructions
- Turn on your oven and preheat it to 400°F ( about 200°C).
- Grease a 9×9-inch baking dish or line it with parchment paper.
- Finely chop your jalapeños and remove the seeds and membranes. When you remove these two, the flavor will be milder. Also, adjust the quantity based on your spice preference.
- Combine the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, milk, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Stir until just the mixture is smooth. Ensure that you do not overmix. Also, a few lumps are okay.
- Add all the flavorful ingredients, including the chopped jalapeños, shredded cheddar cheese, melted butter, and honey (if using). Adjust the honey if you want it sweeter, then mix the composition until it is well distributed throughout the batter.
- Transfer your mixture to the baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake between 20-25 minutes or until the cornbread is golden brown. Test by inserting a toothpick into the center. It should come out clean.
- Once ready, allow the cornbread to cool in the baking dish. Leave it for a few minutes before cooling it to the oven rack. This helps to set the texture.
- Slice your jiffy jalapeno cornbread and enjoy it in squares or wedges. You can serve it as a side to chili or barbecue or enjoy it alone. The cheesy, spicy goodness is best enjoyed warmly.
There you go! Jiffy jalapeno cornbread is not only simple to make but very nutritious. It doesn’t have gluten, thus making it a great option if you are intolerant. You can experiment more with this recipe by adding cooked and crumbled bacon for an extra layer of flavor. The bursting, savory, and spicy flavors will excite your taste buds. It’s an excellent addition to any meal, bringing a Southwestern flair. I will be back with Jalapeno simple syrup. Enjoy!