Mocktails and cocktails don’t have to be boring. You can make them a little spicy with homemade Jalapeño simple syrup. It requires only three ingredients and is so easy to make. Once you make the syrup, I recommend always keeping a jar in your fridge!
To make jalapeño simple syrup, slice your jalapeno into rounds, remove the seeds, and combine them with sugar. Add water and simmer in a saucepan. It is as straightforward as ABC. Here’s the simple recipe for the syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 fresh jalapeños, sliced (adjust to taste)
Jalapeno Simple Syrup Recipe Instructions
- Prepare the Jalapeños by washing them thoroughly and slicing them into rounds. You can make the syrup milder by de-seeding and removing the membranes. For a spicier version, include the seeds and membranes.
- Combine your ingredients in a small saucepan. These include water, granulated sugar, and sliced jalapeños.
- Heat your mixture over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir occasionally to ensure that the sugar fully dissolves.
- Simmer to infuse the mixture for about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the mixture has simmered, remove the saucepan from the heat and let the jalapeno simple syrup cool at room temperature. The longer you allow it to cool, the more intense the jalapeño flavor.
- Strain your syrup through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a clean container to remove the jalapeño slices. Press down on the jalapeños to extract as much flavor as possible.
- Store your jalapeno spicy syrup in a glass jar or bottle with a lid. Please keep it in the refrigerator and use it within two weeks.
Congratulations on making a perfect spicy jalapeño simple syrup. You can now add a spicy and sweet twist to your favorite beverages. Experiment with it in cocktails, lemonades, iced teas, or even drizzle it over desserts for a unique and flavorful experience. Adjust the quantity of jalapeños based on your desired level of spiciness. Enjoy!