Creating a homemade turmeric scrub for your face shouldn’t be a struggle. The scrub can be a natural and cost-effective way to exfoliate and promote healthy-looking skin. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Discover the easiest way to make a turmeric scrub for your face. Mix the yellow powder with chickpea, honey, milk/yogurt, and coconut oil. But before you continue, note that turmeric can stain clothing and temporarily tint the skin, so be cautious when using it. Here’s the simplest recipe for an organic turmeric face scrub.
- One teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Two tablespoons of rice flour or chickpea flour (for exfoliation)
- 1-2 tablespoons plain yogurt or milk (for moisture)
- One tablespoon of honey (for its antibacterial properties and additional moisture)
- One teaspoon of coconut oil/olive oil (optional for extra hydration)
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a small bowl. Combine the turmeric powder and rice flour or chickpea flour. These ingredients will help exfoliate your skin gently.
- Add the wet ingredients, including the yogurt/milk, to the dry ingredients. Once you mix, it will create a paste-like consistency. The lactic acid in yogurt provides a mild exfoliation and helps brighten the skin.
- Incorporate the honey into the mixture. Turmeric honey is known for its antibacterial properties and can help soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Add coconut/olive oil to the mixture. The ingredient provides additional hydration to your face.
- Mix thoroughly by stirring the ingredients until you have a smooth, consistent paste.
How To Apply Turmeric Scrub
- Cleanse your face before applying the scrub.
- Apply the turmeric scrub to your face while avoiding the eye area.
- Massage your face gently in circular motions. Massaging helps exfoliate the skin and improve blood circulation.
- Leave the turmerica scrub on your face for about 5 to 10 minutes to give it time to work.
- Rinse off the scrub from your face with warm water. To remove the turmeric residues, use your favorite cleanser or a gentle one after rinsing off the scrub.
- Pat dry your face and follow up with your favorite moisturizer to lock in hydration.
Turmeric scrub is an easy paste to constitute at home. It replaces expensive and unsafe scrubs that may irritate your face. Before using the paste, remember to do a patch test. The test ensures that your face doesn’t experience adverse reactions. It is crucial to have sensitive skin. Additionally, due to the potential staining properties of turmeric, it’s a good idea to use an old towel or wear an old shirt when using this scrub. There are more skin care recipes you can make at home, including turmeric serum and toners. Watch out for our next turmeric body scrub recipe. Have a happy exfoliating day!