Away from your busy schedules, your loved ones need a hearty meal. You don’t have to smoke your kitchen for a weekend to deliver the best. You can follow a few recipes and make hearty microwave lamb casseroles in minutes.
Microwave lamb casseroles include lamb curry, stew, Deviled chops, lamb and veggies, and neck meat lamb, if you like. The recipes are super easy to follow!
1. Neck Meat Lamb Stew
- 3 ½ lbs. lamb (neck meat)
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 cups water
- 3 thinly sliced carrots
- 3 cups potatoes cubes
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cold water
- Chop the neck meat lamb into large cubes.
- Mix the lamb meat with bay leaves, dried thyme, black peppercorns, salt, and garlic.
- Add 3 cups water to a 3-quart microwave casserole and cover.
- Turn on the microwave and place the casserole for 5 minutes. Observe if there is any foam and skim it.
- Cook for another 25 minutes or until your meat is almost tender. Remember to stir to facilitate even cooking.
- Add potato cubes and diced carrots, cover and cook for another 20 minutes. Stir occasionally until the meat and veggies are tender.
- Mix the all-purpose flour with the ¾ cup water in a bowl and stir.
- Remove the peppercorns and bay leaves from the casserole.
- Add the flour paste to the stew and cook for 3 minutes. Stir until your sauce is thick and smooth.
2. Lamb Leg And Veggies
- 3 lbs. lamb leg
- 10 baby carrots
- 6 baby potatoes
- 6 small onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp French mustard
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- To make this microwave lamb casserole, trim off fat from your lamb leg.
- Place the meat, carrots, potatoes and onions in a large oven bag.
- Cut about a 1-inch strip from the open end of the bag.
- Mix flour, sugar, French mustard, crushed garlic, and the sauces.
- Add water and pour into the oven bag (lamb and vegetable mixture).
- Use the strip you cut in (3) above and tie the oven bag tight.
- Cut two holes (small) in the oven bag near the tie.
- Place the bag in the microwave and set the timer on high for 25 minutes.
- Stand the oven for 20 minutes before serving your lamb leg. Standing time allows meat to finish)
3. Deviled Lamb Chops
- 2.2 lbs. lamb chops
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fruit chutney
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Trim fat from your lamb chops and place it in a shallow casserole.
- Combine oil, curry powder, sauce, chutney, mustard and brown sugar.
- Add water and stir until it is consistent.
- Pour the mixture over the lamb.
- Cook in your microwave for 5 minutes (high). You can add more time until the meat is tender.
4. Hearty Microwave Lamb In Curry
- 1.1 lbs. boneless lamb (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 6 cardamom pods (green)
- 1 potato (chopped)
- 3/4 cup of water
- Place the lamb in a casserole.
- Mix cumin, cardamom, potato, paprika, pepper, onions, and salt in a bowl.
- Pour in the lamb and marinate in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Leave the mixture at room temperature for 15.
- Place the casserole in the microwave and cool for 30 minutes (high).
- Add 3/4 cup of water and put it back into the oven for 12 minutes on high power or until the lamb is tender. You can add more time if it is not melting in your mouth!
Enjoy your hearty microwave lamb casseroles!